Wednesday 6 October 2010

A Bit of News and That

I have moved to Brighton. Paul is still in Tooting so now we are physical some two or three thousand kilometres closer together. The result of which is as yet unclear. Has it changed our workflow? Not really except that we've had some long freewheeling chats about the future of Leo Fox (the next story arc after this one) and we've invented a kind of metaphysical framework for Leo's hand magic.

The benefit of being in Brighton as opposed to Barcelona is that it's a 1000 times easier for me to 'network' and I'm starting to think it's time to come down out of Unfit towers and meet some other producers.

I've already been introduced to illustrators and writers and I've only been here a month so things look like they could get really interesting.

In the mean time, it's important not to lose focus because after all, making the comic is largely about me being on my own in front of the computer and ploughing through the huge list of tasks in hand.

Right now I'm remastering Issue 1 - Clarifying the narrative, rejigging the layouts and using better fonts. It already looks better for it.

And finally, the new version of the cover is very exciting now thanks to Pablo's excellent design work...

No comments:

Post a Comment